Verb Tenses in English (Condensed)
April 6, 2016
Updated: March 28, 2017
This article is the condensed form of Verb Tenses in English.
- Maria created a beautiful painting.
- Maria creates beautiful paintings.
Future: will create
- Maria will create a beautiful painting.
Past: had created
- By the time Juan arrived, Maria had created a beautiful painting.
Present: have created
- Maria have created many beautiful paintings.
Future: will have created
- By the time Juan arrives, Maria will have created a beautiful painting.
Past: was creating
- Maria was creating a beautiful painting, when Juan arrived from school.
Present: is creating
- Maria is creating a beautiful painting.
Future: will be creating
- Maria will be creating a beautiful painting next week.
Past: had been creating
- Before Juan's arrival, Maria had been creating beautiful paintings.
Present: has been creating
- Maria has been creating paintings for a long time.
Future: will have been creating
- Before her 16th birthday, Maria will have been creating painting masterpieces.